New Mexico County Data
The DWI Resource Center provides data and analysis on DWI arrests and crashes for counties
throughout New Mexico. For basic DWI statistical information for all counties, please go to our
DWI Data Explorer, or see General DWI Statistics below.
In addition, specific information on alcohol-involved crashes for each county can be found on the
University of New Mexico Division of Government Research website.
As part of a State Demonstration Project funding DWI law enforcement efforts in five high-risk New Mexico counties, the DWI Resource Center is able to provide more detailed research and analysis for:
This NMDOT-funded project for targeted counties provides in-depth analysis of DWI arrest, conviction, and crash trends. The information in these PDF files is designed to assist key leaders (e.g. county DWI Planning Councils, public officials, and advocate organizations) in creating and implementing programs to reduce DWI death and injury in their local communities.
Between 2002 and 2004, the Center received a grant from the U.S. Department of Justice to provide targeted county DWI data for 15 New Mexico counties. Although funding contraints prohibit us from continuing to update this data after the conclusion of the grant, you may still download this information online. For specialized data concerning these counties, please contact the UNM Division of Government Research for more information.
In some circumstances, the Center is able to offer customized research to fit your needs and is available to provide assistance in data analysis and application. If you cannot find the information you need here, please contact us to discuss your research needs.
DWI Data For Five High-Risk Counties
- 2007 Albuquerque Hot Spots
- Bernalillo Metro Court Dismissal Rates, 2006
- Bernalillo County DWI Crash Map, 1999-2005 (PDF - 4.5MB)
- Bernalillo County DWI Highlights - March 2005
- Bernalillo DWI Judicial Recidivism Statistics - 2004
- Bernalillo Metro Court Judges' Rankings Report, September 19, 2004 (PDF format)
- Bernalillo County data book - 2004
- Bernalillo Metro Court Judges' 2002 Ranking Report
Doña Ana County
- Dona Ana County DWI Crash Map, 1999-2005 (PDF - 2.75MB)
- Dona Ana County DWI Highlights - 2005
- Dona Ana DWI Judicial Recidivism Statistics - 2004
- Doña Ana County data book - 2004
- McKinley County DWI Crash Map, 1999-2005 (PDF - 1MB)
- McKinley County DWI Highlights - 2005
- McKinley DWI Judicial Recidivism Statistics - 2004
Rio Arriba County
- Rio Arriba County DWI Crash Map, 1999-2005 (PDF - 5MB)
- Rio Arriba County DWI Highlights - 2005
- Rio Arriba DWI Judicial Recidivism Statistics - 2004
- Rio Arriba County data book - 2004
- Map of Rio Arriba County Alcohol-involved Crash Locations
- Map of Española Valley Alcohol-involved Crash Locations
San Juan County
- San Juan County DWI Crash Map, 1999-2005 (PDF - 2.6MB)
- San Juan County DWI Highlights - 2005
- San Juan DWI Judicial Recidivism Statistics - 2004
- San Juan County data book - 2004
- Alcohol-Involved Crash Rankings By County, 1996-2006 - Maps of New Mexico counties for alcohol-related crashes data by year, demographic group, injuries, and fatalities.
New Mexico Crash Injury Trend Reports - Includes 2005 crash data, the most recent year for which state DWI data compilation is complete.
New Mexico Fatal Crash Narratives - Brief crash descriptions for alcohol-involved fatalities between 1999 and 2004.
Combatting DWI in New Mexico: What Really Works? - DWI Highlights, 2005. (PDF, 911K)
Stats at a Glance - Need quick and easy DWI stats for New Mexico Counties? Look here for the most recent data and
trends on DWI crashes, law enforcement, driver profiles and court data.
Help me! What do I with all this information?
Data & Statistics
- DWI Offender Database
- DWI Data Explorer
- Stats At A Glance
- NM DWI Arrest Trends
- NM Alcohol-Involved Crash Trends